We have all noticed recently that the heat of the day and the night was unbearably high. According to experts, this is due to the heat waves resulting from the emission of greenhouse gases.
The Meteorological Agency warns us to prepare for warmer days and nights. This preparation will require smart coping strategies and participation in climate resilient practices to deal with the damage.
The common effects of heat waves on humans are dehydration that can lead to unconsciousness or death, chicken pox, heat rash, and psychological stress.
In order to cope with the current climatic conditions, the experts advised:
1. Drink more water to stay hydrated.
2. Keep a bottle of water with us to remind us to take water.
3. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages during this time.
4. Reduce the consumption of proteins rich foods (eg. red meats) as they increase metabolic heat.
5. Feed on fresh fruits and vegetables that are better options.
6. Monitor your blood pressure to make sure you are in the normal range.
7. Stay indoors (in our house or office) between 12 noon and 3pm each day as much as possible.
8. Take baths of cold (Room Temperature) water before going to bed at night.
Let us strive to conform to it because our life depends on it.
Let’s be nice to share information with all our acquaintances.